Running a wildlife rehabilitation facility is expensive and Wildwoods receives no funding other than from individual donors. With only a very small staff to care for the animals, it’s difficult for us to find time to plan events and raise the funds we need. We are looking for individuals who can help us plan our fundraising activities throughout the year.
No matter the event, we need people who can take ownership of the following areas:
- Donation & Sponsorship solicitation
- Food & Beverage
- Event Volunteer Recruitment & Coordination
Event committee members will operate under the direction of a Wildwoods staff member designated as the Event Chair, and may or may not have volunteer committee members to manage.
- Qualified committee chairs will have relevant experience to their committee
- Responsible & dedicated
- Able to commit to at least 4-6 hours a week
- Independent self-starter, but able to take direction
- Agrees with Wildwoods’ mission, values and goals
- Will always represent Wildwoods in a professional manner
- Proof of tetanus vaccination within the last 10 years required for any volunteer who will be on-site at Wildwoods
How to volunteer
*If you’re interested in helping with our upcoming October fundraiser, please email email@example.com, then: