Wildwoods is currently looking for a volunteer grant writer. Currently Wildwoods survives on small donations ($500 or less), however this is unsustainable and we’re looking for the perfect candidate to find, complete and submit applications for appropriate grants.
- Have a passion for what Wildwoods does and believe in our mission & values
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have great research & investigative skills
- Understand the needs of Wildwoods and can find appropriate grants
- Are highly organized and have superb time-management skills
- Are able to understand and complete complex processes
- Have fantastic computer skills
Previous grant writing experience and training with a proven track record is a major plus. The right candidate will be comfortable with computers, and able to work with our web-based CRM system to track potential donors and communications.
The Volunteer Grant Writer will be providing a valuable and critical service to Wildwoods, and as such the perfect candidate will:
- be a passionate and dedicated self-starter
- be able to meet deadlines with high-quality work
- always represent Wildwoods in a professional manner
- be independent but unafraid to ask questions, get clarification, and stay in contact with Wildwoods and potential donors
Communication is key in this position and you will need to be comfortable contacting staff and potential donors in a variety of ways whether it be by text message, email, phone calls, or online forms. You’ll be asked to find appropriate grants that match both the needs and goals of Wildwoods, and those of the potential grant donor. You’ll then research and submit the grant, and once accepted, ensure that any post-award reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
This is a volunteer position and is unpaid. It must be a labor of love. However, this role is flexible and can be done on your own time from home. It’s a great way for stay-at-home parents, retirees, free-lance grant writers, and those who don’t live near us to volunteer and help Wildwoods continue our mission of helping sick, injured and orphaned wildlife, and to educating our community about the joys of compassionate, responsible coexistence with our wild neighbors.
To apply, please fill out an application online.